Welcome Friends

Welcome to my funny little world. Sometimes it's a bit sad, sometimes it's a bit mad, but I try to give you some uplifting words every day. And in amongst them I'll give you a little philosophy and celebrate just being. If you like a good bedtime story or you are just curious about your life or mine or you want to be encouraged, then come on in, the water's lovely!

Thursday 22 January 2009

Dog Days


Few people ask how I am but so many people are concerned about my poorly sick dog! So given that I have published a photo of Squeaky, here is a photo of Patchwork Dog.

If you look carefully you can see her poor chilly belly, one patch on her neck, one on each foreleg and one on the left hand rear leg. She has another patch on the other side of her neck and these two I think are just starting to grow back.




Poor old girl. She goes back to the vet on Monday and we shall find out then how much she is recovering. She's so pretty and so valuable to me. The story of Patchwork Dog and me is a longer one and I will save it for another time.

It's another "me" post today and I hope you are still following while I take a break from philosophy and therapy. Having said that...

A dog is amazing therapy in itself. If you are feeling low then consider getting a dog. They love you and need you every day, no matter how you look, what you are wearing or how you are feeling. Dogs don't give a damn about all your perceived failures in life. You don't live alone when you have a dog. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They help you to focus outside yourself. If you are depressed and live alone, the introspection often takes over and you can help yourself into a pit. Having an outside focus brings you away from focussing too hard on yourself. And dogs are quiet and non-judgemental. I can honestly say that I have never been into chatting too much to my dogs but many dog owners do and it probably works.

My second best breed of dog after labrador retriever (yellow is the only colour!) ? It has to be the Border Terrier. Sound, good-natured little dogs. Trainable, small and clean with loads of personality.

Lets hear it for dogs!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like "Patchwork" is on the mend. We have a West Highland Terrier and went through a close call with him the week of my daughter's wedding.
    Thanks for the good discussion at my other blog.

    http://patternsofink.blogspot.com/2007/06/attachment.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like "Patchwork" is on the mend. (That wouldn't be a bad name.) We have a West Highland Terrier (named Sir Rudyard Kipling= "Kippy")and he had a close call the week of my daughter's wedding.

    http://patternsofink.blogspot.com/2007/06/attachment.html

    Thanks for the good discussion at my other blog: Patronus Incognitus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really hope all goes Ok with your doggie on Monday and that she keeps getting better and better. She's certainly looking happy in the pictures. Totally agree with you about dogs being good therapy and I do talk to my dog (although not so much in public as people will think you are mad!) precisely because he doesn't talk back to or judge me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos don't do my princess justice, she is very pretty in real life.
    Tom, I read your sick dog story, horrendous! I'd have been in pieces with the other weeping females too, I fully admit it!
    Rona, the only talking I do in public is shouting at her to come back, leave it alone etc!

    ReplyDelete