Welcome Friends

Welcome to my funny little world. Sometimes it's a bit sad, sometimes it's a bit mad, but I try to give you some uplifting words every day. And in amongst them I'll give you a little philosophy and celebrate just being. If you like a good bedtime story or you are just curious about your life or mine or you want to be encouraged, then come on in, the water's lovely!

Monday 2 February 2009

Today is the Fourth Annual Bloggers Silent Poetry Reading. Post your poem, (your own or another's) today.

"Here comes the Sun," The Beatles sang,
I sing, "Here comes the Rain Again."
It washes and pours in torrents and waves,
Sliding down the windscreen, battering my face.
But how I long for the Sun,
Warming, smiling, soothing, smoothing,
It's golden caress
Touching, Easing, Brightening, Healing.
Imagine the heat stroking my skin,
Wrapping me up, a cocoon within,
The deep velvet folds envelop my soul,
But now I'm shut in, embracing the cold.

Anon


I can't reveal the source of this poem (I have a confidentiality agreement). I was wondering, what do you see in this poem?

4 comments:

  1. I like this poem. To me it's talking about hope when our circumstances may seem less than happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,

    Love this poem, find myself transported back to a time of perhaps sadness and loneliness. I see that the author of this poem, describing their emotions of being all alone, perhaps without the love or companionship of their loved one or family around them. Longing for the that feeling once more that they have enjoyed previously but at the same time only being able to feel and see a future of unhappiness and loneliness.

    J.D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. Marilyn it's interesting you see hope as I did not see that in it. I saw more of what JD describes, longing for a happier feeling that the writer knows exists. But the sad key for me comes in the last line. The writer "embraces" the cold, as if holding onto and welcoming the darkness yet wishing they could feel sunshine in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very poignent poem. For me the poet has a good understanding of the mind of a depressive. The sun (which I took to represent life) is there somewhere and life could be good but is not at present. The last line was definitely the saddest part and seemed to take the hope, that Marilyn talks about, away to leave the reader feeling almost let down.

    ReplyDelete