Welcome Friends

Welcome to my funny little world. Sometimes it's a bit sad, sometimes it's a bit mad, but I try to give you some uplifting words every day. And in amongst them I'll give you a little philosophy and celebrate just being. If you like a good bedtime story or you are just curious about your life or mine or you want to be encouraged, then come on in, the water's lovely!

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Anxiety

I had a really excellent day yesterday. My anxiety client has had a massive breakthrough. I never expect treatment to be quite this dramatic so as she finished telling me all about how wonderful she was feeling, I had to ask,"What can I actually do for you then?"

I felt like my work was finished, oh halleluyah, I love it when this happens! Actually it wasn't, there was more work to do for her. But what a brilliant session! This lady reported that all the usual anxiety inducing situations were just passing by so quickly without symptoms that she kept thinking, "Hang on, I've just done something that should have given me a panic attack." She wasn't even noticing what was happening. It was as if the anxiety had never even been there.

I think I have said this before but I got such a buzz. To think that the elimination of anxiety states really is possible, quickly, with no drugs just blows my mind. Mainly because it has such a positive effect on somebody's life.

My job is to help people to enjoy their lives. That is all there is.

4 comments:

  1. It is always good when someone who goes in for therapy can come out feel much better than they went in. We do a lot of complimentary health in our magazine and I know full well that people who go for therapy have the weight of the world on their shoulders, so well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane. This lady has had the anxiety for 20 years so learning to live without it is quite a revelation for her! Often people come to me as a "last resort" which is not deeply complimentary but it does make it sweeter when they achieve their goals. I love my job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen - glad to hear you're sounding on top of the world again after last weeks post and great that you can have such positive benefits both for your customer and for you.
    Ps thanks for introducing me to other blogs via your's also - it's been a revelation and great fun seeing so many wonderful fun people online. Beats reading the daily newspaper any day.
    hope house move and business changes are going ok also. Rona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several relatives who have had great success with hypnotherapy for anxiety problems. And you're right, it has such a positive effect on people's lives. It's amazing to see the difference. It sounds like a very fulfilling job to be able to help people in such a profound way.

    ReplyDelete