Welcome Friends

Welcome to my funny little world. Sometimes it's a bit sad, sometimes it's a bit mad, but I try to give you some uplifting words every day. And in amongst them I'll give you a little philosophy and celebrate just being. If you like a good bedtime story or you are just curious about your life or mine or you want to be encouraged, then come on in, the water's lovely!

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Books for Children

I have ideas for 2 books. I have the outline chapters for one and a synopsis written. The other is still in my head but I started to write it this week.

This book is one that I am writing for my son. It is a love story, the story of how his daddy and I met. It's a long story and spans 9 years from our first meeting to having a full relationship. We met at work and 8 years later he told me that he loved me. Every time I tell anyone the story they go all gooey and someone once said that it sounded like a film.

None of us know how long we will be here. Sometimes we tread our lives on the thinnest of knife edges. And sometimes we don't even know how close to the edge we were. So in case I never get to tell the story to my boy, I am writing it now. So one day he will know just how deep our love goes.

What is your story?

6 comments:

  1. I think the book for your son sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think it's a great idea for your son! I would love to read it once you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have barely made progress since I wrote this entry! But there are a few pages done. Would you like to read the start and tell me what you think, so I can see whether it is worth continuing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I would, but if you don't want me to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were at our wedding! Surely you know that story already?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well yes, true. And a grand day it was too.

    ReplyDelete